The I.I. Blog Roll
- The I.I.
Copyright 2011, Irving Inquistion. Powered by Blogger.
Tuesday, December 28, 2010
9:58 PM | Posted by The I.I. | | Edit Post
This blog thread posted by the Irving Inquisition uses some explicit language, as well as depicting some aspects of life in North Minneapolis that some readers may find objectionable. Reader discretion is advised.
Dished up Christmas Dinner NoMi style!
If the holidays are good for anything more than quality time spent amongst loved ones and exchanging gifts, it’s definitely got to be the food.
Elements from the famed, local, North Minneapolis Rat Pack got together for dinner and celebration. This blogger considers himself to be somewhat talented in the culinary realm and took it upon himself to be chef for the evening.
|Comfort food; not exactly traditional Christmas fair, but who cares?|
The menu consisted of homemade Buffalo wings, twice baked potatoes, and collard greens. So basically this dinner was Idaho meets Mississippi, and then meets Upstate New York. Everything on the plate pictured above was super tasty, here’s a crash course on how to make the potatoes.
Twice Baked Potatoes
- 5 potatoes
- 1 small container of sour cream
- 6 slices of bacon
- 1 cup of chopped chives or green onions
- 2 cups of shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 stick of melted butter
- Wash potatoes and wrap in aluminum foil
- Preheat oven to 400 and bake potatoes for 75 minutes
- Place strips of bacon onto a baking pan, lengthwise, and bake for 20-25 minutes or until crispy
- Remove bacon from the oven, drain grease
- Crumble bacon and place into a large mixing bowl
- Remove potatoes, remove aluminum and slice into halves
- Using a spoon, scoop out the flesh of the potatoes into the bowl
- Add sour cream to the mixture
- Add shredded cheese to the mixture
- Add butter to the mixture
- Add chives to the mixture
- Add salt and pepper to the mixture
- Using a masher, mash all the ingredients until thoroughly mashed
- Stir the mixture in the bowl until you’ve got that “to die for” consistency
- Spoon the potato mixture back into the skins
- Place the loaded skins onto a tray and bake at 400 degrees for approximately 20 minutes or until golden brown
Friggin’ delicious! No nutritional value what so ever, but hey, it’s the holidays so eat up!
- ► 2011 (56)
- Restaurant in NoMi?
- Say Goodbye to the Rapist Village
- Steven Meldahl Makes a Decision
- 3-1-1 Holidays
- Dished up Christmas Dinner NoMi style!
- The Video Game Pass Time
- Derrick Lowe Comes Through in the Clutch!
- Blood Feathers
- Broken Dreams at 3725 Penn
- Ultimate Handyman
- The Housing Committee
- Snow Trek
- Slumlord, Steven Meldahl's Unpaid Municipal Fines
- The New Psycho Suzi's
- Holiday on 44th
- Slumlord, Steven Meldahl's Property Tax Evasion
- ▼ December (16)